Saturday, February 22, 2014

Secret Garden

No comments:
 



"""
Weather: 81 degrees  (YES. SO MUCH YES.)
Song of the day: Meyrin Fields- Broken Bells
Theme: Garden Remnants  
""
First of all, I really want to explain the vibe of this outfit that I was going for.
Its supposed to be like a garden party in a dark, twisted garden, kind of like the Mad Hatter's Birthday party in Alice and Wonderland.
Sooooooo....

1) I Started off with the shorts. I love these shorts so much! They are floral high waisted shorts with a cute exposed zipper in the back. 

2) I have this peplum shirt that almost matches the blue in the shorts so I naturally wanted to wear it with the shorts.

3) Now I normally wear these shorts with some sort of tan or beige color to keep it light-hearted and fun. However, I wanted to channel that Alice in Wonderland feel in the outfit so I decided to wear the black wedges

4) I got the top on Clearance for $5 but it's a large (I wear a Small/Medium). So the peplum doesn't fit quite right so I like to add a belt to give the top a more fitted look. The obi-style belt gives a "corset-ish" (Yup, I'm not an English major) look to the outfit being so strongly out there. I wasn't going for steampunk. 

5) The Hat ties all of the black from the shoes and the belt. Plus it's amazing. Some people love bunnies, some love food, some love others; I love this hat.



"""

Makeup:




1)Normally I would wear a pink lipstick to match the pink in the shorts but to keep with the "Garden Remnants" theme I used the dark purple lip stick
2) I wanted to focus on the lips (and I can't do eye shadow well yet) so I went with thick black eye liner on the top and a light blue eye liner on the bottom
3) For extra fun I but blue mascara on my bottom lashes!

"""
Shorts: Forever 21
Top: Kohl's
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Shoe Carnival
Hat: Saved from the donation bin and my mom
"""
Meyrin Field- Broken Bells


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff