Thursday, January 23, 2014

There's an Ice Box Where My Home Used To Be

No comments:
 



"""
Weather: 64 degrees, Windy, Rainy
Song of the day: Ice Box - Omarion
Theme: Otome Girl

"""
How I came up with the outfit:
1) I've been purging on Otome* fashion five-ever (which is more than forever) and I really wanted to try an otome-inspired look. I saw this amazing lace dress in my closet and it just SCREAMED otome. 
DAT LACE
2) It was cold so I needed to add some warmth. The dress is very thin as it is a spring dress :) So I added the blazer! Green partners well with black and cream and it works nicely with this outfit because it adds a nice soft pop of color. Luckily, the green is like a forest green so it is not too bright for the overall mature/vintage feel I was going for in the outfit.



3) The problem I often have with blazers is that when they are unbuttoned, they drown the shape of the outfit. This means the slight curve that I like to accentuate sometimes is lost in a hot mess of fabric TT.TT
So I like to add a belt! The belt on the dress draws the eye to assume there's some type of curve there!

4) For funsies I added the cat heels! The cream goes with the cream in the dress and brightens up the whole thing. The tights were for extra warmth and to play off of the lace in the dress.



5) This black, sliver, and gold charm necklace adds to the mature/vintage feel of the outfit. Plus the gold in the necklace helps to connect the gold in the belt to the rest of the outfit.


6) The hat. I throw on this hat all of the time. It's kind of a habit now.....>.<


"""
Hat: Hand-me-down
Necklace: Rue 21 clearance rack
Dress: Marshalls
Tights: Forever 21
Shoes: Amazon
Blazer: H&M

*Otome: A Japanese style/culture that focuses on dressing and being "maidenly"/"girly". Has many overlaps with the later created Lolita style/culture
Link for examples: http://otomestyle.tumblr.com/

"""
Ice Box- Omarion




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff